More and more common these days, the ‘babymoon’ is becoming a key item on the mumma-to-be’s to do list. Think peace, serenity and a chance to connect with your partner prior to the arrival of the one who will take up your whole heart (and a whole lot of your time). With lengthy travel not either desirable or preferable there is bound to be a little slice of heaven much closer than you think. Not sure exactly what type of getaway you would like? Here are 5 ideas to get you started:
1. Let’s start simple. Sometimes just being in a home ‘away from home’ is heaven enough! Air BnB has a variety of accommodation types and styles to suit all budgets available at your fingertips. With locations literally all over the globe you are bound to find some great babymoon inspiration here.
2. Spoil Yourself. A little luxury is always a good idea, but even more so when you are preparing yourself for a whole new chapter in life. Think spa treatments, massages, delicious food and zero over-crowding… have I convinced you yet? Consider this – spa retreats don’t often cater for kids, so this could be your last chance for a totally decadent guilt-free escape for a little while.
3. Live it up. Perhaps a lavish apartment is more your taste? ‘Live like the other half live’ and enjoy the finer things in life with your beloved before it’s all Elmo, milk and nursery rhymes. Trying to imagine your ideal destination? Look no further that on the Gold Coast for a little food for thought.
4. Feeling a little green? Then go green! Ok so hopefully the morning sickness has well and truly worn off by now, but if you are a little more of a down-to-earth, outdoorsy kind of couple then consider your very own eco-getaway. With plenty of eco retreats out there ranging from basic to downright heavenly this is your perfect option if you are looking for a little peace and tranquility amongst the finest spots Mother Nature has to offer.
5. Just go. If your budget is a little tight preparing for your new arrival, or if you simply just want to ‘get away’, pack your bags and book a cabin in a holiday park! Check out the local sights, lounge by the water, read a book, take frequent naps… give yourself and your partner a chance to truly unwind before you begin your lives as parents. Those little pleasures that you enjoy today like cosying up with a good book, or with each other by an open fire, may be a little harder to come by soon. Be sure to soak them up while you can.
And of course, before you go don’t forget to book in your newborn photos!!! I would hate for you to miss out so contact me here x